Winter approaches...


Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes

This is all happening so fast. Every year, at this time, usually right after Halloween, we start feeling that Christmas wave getting close rapidly; and then in just a few days, it is EVERYWHERE! Lights, music, tradition all puts us in the spirit of this wonderful time...but don't forget flavors! There's nothing like the warmth of that mug of good stuff in your hands on a freezing cold morning, it just gives you comfort and sudden happiness. 

Anyway...back to cupcakes...one of the two things I love most together is mint and chocolate, so in tribute to that yummy hot drink I had the other morning I made these Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes. I made an espresso chocolate batter, and baked it until moist and a little dense. Then, I topped these cupcakes with the smoothest minty-est peppermint frosting I've ever had! I sprinkled some cocoa and some crushed peppermint candies. :)

-Keep Calm & Eat Cake




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delicious with a cup of Kronung coffee?