Happy Belated Birthday!


Birthday Fondant Cake


Too many birthdays this month! My father in law's and my stepson's birthday were a few weeks ago. The Buhr Family has a tradition to celebrate birthdays together with every single member of the family at some point even if it's been weeks or months before we can all fit it into our busy schedules. Today we celebrated their birthdays and I made this cake for them: sponge cake, buttercream frosting, and covered and decorated with my homemade marshmallow fondant. I had to improvise a little since I didn't have much time to get it done but it was delightful! Everyone loved it! 

Furthermore...I absolutely love including something in or on the cake that is symbolic. I wanted to show how, once another year passes, we have to let go of the past and welcome the new year with hope and optimism. Papa and Kaden are  releasing their balloons to the sky, in celebration of the year they have ahead. 

-Keep Calm & Eat Cake



2 comments:

Jannis Buhr said...

Totally scrumptious!! Glad to have partaken in your creation!!!

Judy Buhr said...

You are definitely very artistic as well as a good baker!